The Sanford Sewerage District Office will be open starting June 22, 2020 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Birding at Treatment Plant
- Birding will only be allowed M-F from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- No birding will be allowed on any holiday.
- You must sign in/out and must wear a face mask.
- Walking only.
- Restrooms will be open, but only one person allowed in at a time and must wear face mask.
- Please inform us of any rare species prior to posting on the e-bird list. We cannot have mass gatherings, but will make necessary plans to accommodate more people.
These measures are to protect the operators who are first line defenders of public health. Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have comments, questions, or concerns.
DO NOT FLUSH WIPES!
Please do not flush wipes of any kind. Wipes are not flushable. They clog the pipes and our pump stations. This puts our crew at a risk at anytime, but more so during this time of Covid-19. We have to manually by hand remove these wipes when they get clogged exposing any of workers.
Wipes can also clog your own pumps and cost you up to $300 to have a plumber to clean them out for you. Think twice before you flush your wipes!
P.O. Box 338, 281 River Street, Springvale, ME 04083